Sunday, January 8, 2012

Purplemath

I found the link http://www.purplemath.com/modules/fcntrans.htm very useful in helping me graph quadratics. This website is great in helping you too see what relationship certain quadratics have and how they are graphed. It helps to explain the meaning of numbers and how they are used to change the location of your intercepts and the distance between certain points on your graph. The part I found most useful though is the list of the transformation rules on the top of page 2. It helps to explain how the graph moves when given a certain equation (ex. f(x) + a is f(x) shifted upward a units). This was the part I struggled with the most in this unit so I found this website very useful in helping to better explain this topic. I have only used this website a small amount, but from what I have used it I think it could be helpful in many topics related to math. I plan on using this website more as the year progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment